Aquatic Head Float
The Aquatic Head Float makes aquatic therapy with head support.
1 in stock
The body is kept from tipping backwards or sideways with the Head Float and stabilizer bar, when legs are in a horizontal position. Encouraging neutral position, the superb cushioning design keeps pressure off the spinal column.
Always seek the advice of a medical professional when using for the first time with your special needs client.
Our swimming and floatation equipment by Danmar is designed to accommodate different levels of ability in the water. Constructed from Ensolite® Marine Floatation Foam, they do not sink or absorb water, even if cut or punctured. Each piece is triple coated with our durable vinyl finish, in bright yellow, making them highly visible in the water. Rainbow polypropylene webbing and super tough nylon buckles (on certain products) resist chlorine and salt water corrosion. They are easily cleaned by hand, using mild detergent. Avoid any harsh chemical cleaners.
One real plus for swimmers is the insulating properties of Ensolite® foam which help retain body heat. Most of our Danmar swimgear is designed for custom use by the addition/removal of floatation to gently compensate for changing physical conditions.
In order to help decide on the type of equipment and the appropriate size for the individual, here are a few basic considerations:
– Individuals medical condition, considering the type and severity of the disability.
– Amount of trunk and head control that the individual exhibits.
– Amount of spasticity/rigidity exhibited.
– Age, weight and amount of body fat that contributes to natural buoyancy.
– Teaching goals which are desired i.e. maximum or minimum floatation for full range of motion in the extremities.
– Versatility of equipment: our swim aids by Danmar are designed for all age groups and may be adapted to changing levels of proficiency.